Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WPS Fantasy Challenge

Hey women's soccer fans...it is almost time for the WPS to start up again for their second season.  I would have to say that the Boston Breakers are my favorite team in the league, but I will have to wait and see how they end up at the end of the season.  Something that will help me keep up with all the action is the new WPS Fantasy Challenge.  I have never done a fantasy team before, in any sport, let alone women's soccer.  It should be a new experience for me, but fun! Below is a picture of my highest paid player on the team: Hope Solo.  She gets paid an average salary of 1.35 million dollars.  I picked her to be the captain of my team (they get double points in the fantasy game) because 1) she is the goalkeeper--they are usually a natural leader on the field; and 2) she freaking rocks in the goal (my favorite women's professional goalkeeper in the world).
   Some of the key players on my team: A. Rodriguez (F), A. Wambach (F), H. O'Reilly (M), and S. Cox (D).  If you want to make your own team go to http://fantasy.womensprosoccer.com  Let me know if you do and we can be in the same league.  Have fun and I will be keeping you all updated on my team's progress week to week throughout the WPS season!

No comments:

Post a Comment