Thursday, March 25, 2010

MLS Opener- Sounders FC over Philadelphia Union

Tonight I attended my first Seattle Sounders FC game at Qwest Field in downtown Seattle.  What an experience?! I will put it on the record and say that Seattle is the best place to watch an American Professional futbol match (MLS).  Everything about the whole experience touches all five senses...from the loud, continuous chants of the rowdy crowd to the sea of electric green stretching throughout the whole stadium. Although it could have NOT been raining, I still had a great time and can't wait to go back to another game! Tonight was  a proud moment for me as a member of the Seattle Soccer community.



While I was at the game, I picked up a Sounders FC scarf.  This is an old tradition that dates back to the olden times in Europe--I am glad that the Americans are joining in on the fun. I'm excited to add this one to my collection (which currently consists of Seoul FC from South Korea).

Now that I have begun my "coaching" career and have taken some coaching clinics, I have become more observant of the actual game itself.  Being solely a fan has drifted to the background, while I contemplate different tactics during the game of what the players should or shouldn't have done.  In my opinion, the player of the match was #11 Steve Zakuani. Although he did not score any of the goals (2-0) he was the play maker for both and for other key plays that almost resulted in a score. Teams can use players that can make the big crosses and in turn they are extremely valuable. Zakuani was a pleasure to watch the whole game as he chose the right options when the Sounders had numbers up attacking. I look forward to seeing if he continues this level of play throughout the rest of the season. Go Sounders!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment